2006-11-22

Taiwan Student (Alan)

Dear Prof. Mukhopadhyay,


This is Alan Lu, a student in Taiwan, known you since the 2006 DSP competition of Southern Taiwan University of Technology on 21 Nov.


Today, I am so pleasure that to listen your presentation, it is really a interesting topic as I know, because I have been visit the MIT OCW (OpenCourse Wave), and saw something like you did. After I told you about this, you said that many colleges copy from MIT's idea. That I cannot agree you anymore, MIT is always be a benchmark in academic field. I used to visit the OCW site for looking something interesting,
or choosing a course for learning.

This below URL is the course named "Autonomous Robot Design Competition",

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/6-270January--IAP--2005/CourseHome/index.htm

In the video page, you can download some demonstration video, they used the LEGO, hope it can help you know what MIT did, and could be a good reference for you.


Tell you a fun thing, that my friends knew that you invite me to attend the conference, because now I am fourth grade, so they suggest me to visit New Zealand at next year by this opportunity, and live in your house and have the Christmas Day in your hometown. I know New Zealand a beautiful country, even like a wonderland, many Taiwanese like take a trip in your country. But I am not sure I can be there in that time, because in that time I am graduated.

BTW, I am a under graduate student, fourth grade, major in embedded Linux system, I like to hacking the Linux system and programming in C language.

Today, it is really a good day to know you, it is my pleasure, thanks for you came to our school, and hope you can like our country.

1 則留言:

Alan Lu (盧利雄) 提到...

Thanks a lot, Alan. I will have a look.
Cheers,
Subhas.